Saturday, July 6, 2013

Free To Be

Dr. A knew he would be spending his first weekend of residency on call, so being the sweet hubby he is, he was excited for me to spontaneously grab my jeans shorts, American flag and jump in the car to go celebrate the 4th with Rebies and Ash in dreamy Chicago. 

Our celebration of freedom began with biking and blading our way to North Ave Beach. I hadn't ridden a bike in....not sure if I've ever ridden a bike because I definitely didn't remember how! I guess that phrase "once you ride a bike, you never forget" is not applicable to me :) But after a few lessons from Rebies and Ash, I caught on and I must say, that biking along Lake Michigan on this sunny 4th was an absolute dream. 

We are proud to be Americans...

And just as proud to be Baylor Bears...

After a freedom filled day on the beach, our feelings of patriotism were still goin strong, so we baked the perfect Americake. 

 We spent our last few hours of the 4th on a rooftop overlooking the city. The combination of the view, the fireworks, and friends was absolutely magical. 

Rebies took pictures with her Lomography Film Camera all weekend and the pics turned out so dreamy I have to share a few. Can't wait to see more pics from this camera after she comes back from walking the Camino De Santiago

Proud to be an American...Forever thankful for our freedom. 

Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. BEST WEEKEND EVER!
    love our memories and photos. being with you is the best. there's no other way i would want to spend the fourth.
    and.... you are a natural on the bike! you need one!
    I love you Jenny!

    ReplyDelete