Sunday, January 6, 2013

Train


A week ago yesterday A & I boarded a train to Chicago. If you have talked to me in the past week, at some point in the conversation, I was probably telling you about how much I loved our train ride experience. We had 7 ½ hours to be still, think & reflect, which to be honest, doesn’t happen often in my life. So many places to go, things to do and people to see ya know!? But on the train I felt this sense of peace & relief as I had no where to go, nothing to do and no one to see except my sleeping hubby next to me and the beautiful country side covered in snow passing by.  As I leaned my head against the cool glass window I started to think about 2013, and what I guess you could call my “new years resolutions.” It came down to 3 main things:

 Finish Strong- A starts residency in 6 months and our life will look different than it does now. There is a strong chance we will be moving somewhere new and even though I am so excited about that transition, I want to finish strong in KC…working harder than I ever have, loving & giving more than before & being present in my mind and heart are ways I want to finish strong.

     Simplify- I’m cutting down on some of my weekly activities so I can give more of myself and my very best in my marriage, work &  relationships.  I’ve also already started to simplify by filling several boxes of things to give away. So much STUFF we don’t need and so many people who really do!

     Grow-When January 1, 2014 comes around, I want to be able to look back at 2013 and see major spiritual & personal growth in my life.  I want to grow stronger in my walk with the Lord than ever before...dig deeper into the word of God, worship, pray, learn and grow.

I feel a little nervous about making this a blog post, because you know once you put something out there like that there is a whole new level of pressure to actually do what your saying you want to do! But just as I am typing, the hymn “Your Grace is Sufficient for me” comes to mind and I feel a sense of relief…

"Your grace is sufficient for me.
Your strength is made perfect when I am weak.
And all that I cling to, I lay at your feet.
Your grace is sufficient for me."

Here’s to 2013! 

A few pics from the train ride...





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment