Sunday, May 15, 2011

Love Art

If you know me you know that the whole arts and crafts thing has never come easily to me. Kansas City, with it's strong artistic culture, has inspired to me step out of my comfort zone and start being artsy! Not sure what "being artsy" entails but some of my first attempts have been inside our cozy little duplex that was build in 1908. Because our KC home is legitimately vintage, I've attempted to go along with the vintage theme. 


Here are some of my first projects:

Bought an old empty wood frame and an old torn up book of hymns at an antique store. Got four cardboard letters, modge podged the old hymn music on the letters, hung them by yarn inside the frame and hung it on the wall in our room!



Wanted to put something else in those big candle holders to fill up the space. Got 3 different sizes of styrofoam balls, 3 different shades and textures of neutral colored yarn and made yarn balls as the filler! 

Our scary basement has piles of old wood for some reason. Andrew dug around and found four unique pieces wood and put them together to make a big empty frame. Got 2 wicker wreaths and hung them by ribbon inside the frame.  


I have really enjoyed the idea of reclaiming antique objects and using them for an uncommon purpose. Here is some of our antique decor!

Vintage glass medicine bottles turned into little flower vases

Vintage door used as wall decor 

 Early 1900s medical school anatomy chart used as wall decor

Vintage trunk used as a coffee table

This weekend I went to a Kansas City art show in the West Bottoms with some of my work girls! They are beautiful, encouraging and supportive and I am so blessed to see them every day! 


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment