Thursday, June 13, 2013

Saying Farewell


It's not easy saying goodbye to a city we love...


It's not easy saying goodbye to people we love...









 It's not easy saying goodbye to a church and small 
group we love.

It's not easy saying goodbye to a job I love...

It's not easy saying goodbye to a home we love. 



But the time has come to say farewell...

It's a bitter sweet emotion to close the door to one season of life and open your heart to another with all things new and different. Our time in Kansas City holds so many memories, blessings, friendships & unforgettable moments. Throughout our time in KC, we experienced many challenges and growing experiences that helped form us into who we are today. We learned so much, grew so much, loved so much and it just doesn't seem real yet that we've left. We will always hold Kansas City and the relationships we built there close to our hearts. I've cried many tears since the time we found out that we would be leaving KC but there is a peaceful presence from the Lord that assures me that we are right where we're supposed to be, Dayton, Ohio. 

Somewhere on I70E, between Kansas City and Dayton, this song came on the radio and I was reminded of the truth that, in the midst of so much change, so many goodbyes, and so many unknowns, there is one thing I can always count on, and one thing that will never change, and that's the love of Jesus Christ. 

One Thing Remains

"Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant in the trial and the change
This one thing remains. 

On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
This one thing remains.

Your love never fails, it never gives up
it never runs out on me. "

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Leaving one season and moving into the next is NOT easy at all - but you have entered it with such grace as you depend on God for step by step... the way you live life is SO beautiful Jenny. And I am selfishly excited to have you closer to me in the midwest!!!
    good luck first day on the job tomorrow - i already know you're the best, but i can't wait for everyone else to find out:)
    love to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete