Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My heart won't stay away

Missionary, Miriam Adeney says it well...
"You will never feel completely at home again because a part of your heart will be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richess of loving and knowing people in more than one place." 

Even though our time in Rwanda was short, it was so rich, and a piece of my heart is still there.  I'm still processing and praying about how my life will look differently because of what we did, saw, learned, and experienced.  For now, I'm excited about growing my relationship with our Rwandan sponsor son Cyusa and his father Alphonse.  My hope is that Andrew and I will have the opportunity to go back together to visit them and continue to bless and invest in their lives as I know they will bless ours even more.

I want to bring what I learned in Africa to Dayton, Ohio and continue to serve here because Lord knows, every day of our lives can be a mission trip...we don't have to go across the world to find people in need.


One of my Rwanda trip team members and friend, Angel Snow, sang one of her own songs "My Heart Won't Stay Away" each place we went.  It became sort of my theme song for the trip because I know my heart won't stay away from Rwanda and the people there.  I will always carry this experience with me and know that Rwanda doesn't end here...it's just the beginning. 


Rwanda 2014 - short video of iPhone clips I took throughout the trip. 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment