Thursday, February 28, 2013

As White As Snow

Three snow days! That's what we've had here in KC, and thanks to the world's greatest boss, who told me to stay inside and off the roads, I had three days to not worry about being anywhere but all cuddled up on the couch with a blanket, the 3rd season of Downton Abbey and a bottomless cup of coffee. 

As much as I dread driving in the snow and even more so, getting stuck in the snow, I so very much enjoy looking at it from our sun room window. It's amazing how snow can make just a normal city street with sewers & parking lots look like a beautiful fairy tale wonderland. And it's that very image of God's creation that actually reminds me the most of Christ's redeeming love. 

"...Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." Isaiah 1:18 

Even though my heart is so cluttered with sin, it is by His death on the cross, that all He sees is the beautiful snow covering my sinful life and for that, I am forever thankful. 

A few pics from Snow Days in KC 2013





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment