Thursday, March 22, 2012

Forever New

Spring has officially arrived in Kansas City! I survived yet another KC winter and now here comes the sun! So far, spring has brought beautiful weather, pink trees, more daylight and newness. This year, the coming of spring has reminded me that "...as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4

There seems to be a difference between something that is new and the ongoing quality of newness. Things that are new will at some point become old...but to actually walk in newness of life comes as a challenge to me to daily seek to turn away from my selfishness and inclination to try to find fulfillment in worldly things and instead daily seek renewal and satisfaction in Christ alone. 
Lord, help me to daily walk in the newness of life because I can't do it on my own.

"...Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 5:17

Signs of Spring in KC...

cherry blossom tree at loose park


beautiful tulip display in front of my office building


getting flowers from Sun Fresh Grocery on a sunny Saturday


Through Him, we are forever new.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment