Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Energy Bites

If you know me, you know that my cooking/baking skills are about at the level of a 5 year old so it's kind of funny that I am posting a recipe but this one is legitimately easy! There is actually no baking or cooking involved! I have been fooled by many recipes that say "This is easy! Anyone can do it!" And then somehow I can't do it so clearly I am not in the "anyone" category. BUT these energy bites are actually really easy to make, semi healthy, and yummy! Well...at least A told me he thought they were yummy but he could have just said that to make me feel good. He also calls me "Chef-Boy-R-Jenny" from time to time to make me feel good too so you can just make them and judge their yumminess for your self!Here it is!

Energy Bites
Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup (dry) old fashioned oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp. vanilla



Method: Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. Store in a container and keep refrigerated! Makes about 20 bites!


Enjoy the energy!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. These sound really good! I bet you could through some dried cranberries in there to add a little sweet/tart bite to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO yummmm! I have all these ingredients - I'm totally going to make them! Thank Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bet these would be yummy frozen too..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I tried your freezing idea tonight and they are yummy frozen!

      Delete
  4. These were delicious!!! You did excellent in the kitchen Gigi Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna Janelle! That means alot coming from the queen of the kitchen! ;)

      Delete